Sunday, May 25, 2014

girls weekend in columbus, ohio


 oh hiiii sometimes I take unexpected breaks from this place and it feels good.  We had our computer in getting some work done on and it made me realize how much time I spend on this stupid thing.  It felt good to grab a book or sit outside.  So anyways, a few catch up posts are in order.

Last weekend I drove to Columbus, Ohio with mckenzie to meet up with my two childhood best friends.  We met in...second grade? first grade?  still not exactly sure, but we were wearing overalls and became instant friends.  We live all across the country now (pennsylvania, ohio, california) and our lives look quite different, but we always pick up where things left off.

Columbus is one of those cities I would have never thought twice about, but it is actually a really cool area!  I am wanting to go back and explore some more.  We had lots of good food and ice cream, and also had a chance to check out the Columbus zoo and aquarium.  I introduced mckenzie to my favorite animal in all the world...goats!  It was a dream come true. 

McKenzie logged the worst night of her life while we were there...staying up until 11pm and waking up pretty much every hour.  I finally pulled her into bed with me and nursed on and off throughout the night.  It was great birth control for my friends :)  I do what I can, you know?

All in all, a great weekend with dear friends and my chubby baby.



1 comment:

Lizzie said...

Miss you girls! Glad you had fun!